When we’re trying to learn about a topic, our default action is to go to a search engine. With millions of searches conducted every day, it’s vital that your work appears on the first page or two of a search engine’s results. SEO is not a new term and it’s definitely something you need to focus on to get your content more visibility.
SEO, short for search engine optimization, is the process of increasing the number of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in search engine results like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. By implementing different strategies, techniques, and tactics, your content can gain a high-ranking placement. Keywords are a highly used tactic when it comes to search engines. With our current internet culture, that isn’t necessarily the case. There are many other factors to consider when optimizing for SEO.
At HeaderBidding.com, we understand the importance of publishers’ need to gain visibility for their website(s). We suggest having high-quality content that your users will be interested in. That’s what we try to do here as well. Particularly, content that answers their questions. Publishing low-quality content loses appeal for users from your site and ultimately, puts your ad revenue at stake. Below you’ll find a quick guide on how you can optimize your SEO.
A. Conduct a target market analysis to understand your industry, your audience, and who you’re competing with.
- Analyze your website – Take a look at your meta tags, keywords, visible text, and code.
- Conduct a competitive analysis – Examine your competitor’s search engine rankings ad what they may be doing more effectively than you.
- Analyze your target market – Know what your users are looking for and develop content based on that.
B. Research keywords that work best for your industry and business that wold resonate with your target audience.
- Conduct a keyword analysis – Further identify keywords and prioritize keywords and phrases that are relevant to your audience.
- Set goals and objectives – Define your objectives so you can clearly measure your ROI.
- Create page titles – Develop titles that are keyword based.
C. Ensure that your content is optimized with keywords so it helps boost your overall SEO.
- Create meta tags – Meta descriptions can help influence click-throughs.
- Place strategic search phrases on pages – Integrate one to three keywords/phrases into your content, but ensure that it flows naturally
- Develop new site maps for Google and Bing – Make it easier for search engines to index your website.
- Develop high-quality content – Write useful content and provide helpful information in an easy to reach format.
- Link-building – Link with other reputable sites to increase your ranking.
D. Perform continuous testing and measuring to ensure that you’re staying up-to-date with the latest keywords in your industry and what your audience is searching for.
- Test and measure – Analyze search engine ranking and web traffic to determine if your implementation is effective.
- Ensure proper maintenance – Update and add new content to continuously improve growth and conversions.