AcuityAds is a leading technology company that provides marketers with a one-stop solution for omnichannel digital advertising with best-of-category return on advertising spend. Our journey automation technology, illumin™, offers planning, buying and real-time intelligence from one platform. With proprietary Artificial Intelligence, illumin™ brings unique programmatic capabilities to close the gap between advertising planning and execution. AcuityAds is headquartered in Toronto with offices throughout Canada, the U.S., Europe, and Latin America. For more information, visit AcuityAds.com.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing Analytics & Insights team! In this role, you will focus on the development of big data reporting and analytics solutions, working closely with business partners and stakeholders to meet their decision-support requirements.
What You Will Do:
- Work with internal stakeholders to enable business objectives with the right technology solutions
- Understand the downstream business processes and formulate project plans for incremental changes
- Develop and maintain the software and systems that make up our data
- Participate in multi-disciplinary projects
- Contribute to our team’s growing set of development platforms, tools, and processes
What You Will Need:
- 5 years of relevant experience in data engineering position
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies (HDFS, SPARK, and/or HADOOP)
- Demonstrated proficiency with Spark, Scala
- Tableau and Salesforce integration proficiency is a plus
- Data analyst experience is a plus
- Experience in integration of data from multiple sources
- Experience with NoSQL cluster databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, Druid
- Experience with various messaging systems such as KAFKA, or RabbitMQ
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Ability to propose change plan and follow though on it
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
What You Will Get:
- An inspiring and family-focused culture with offices around the world
- A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits including life and disability insurance
- An unlimited vacation policy
- Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan
- Time with our executive coach and Chief Empowerment Officer to assist in your growth and professional development
- Participation in our Employee Recognition Awards program
- An annual education and learning stipend
- Corporate rates and perks including fitness membership discounts
- We live and promote our company’s values: Act with integrity, Never settle, Design to disrupt, Customer-Driven, Family-focused
GREAT PLACE TO WORK®
AcuityAds is certified as a Great Place to Work® after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by @Great Place to Work Canada. This certification is based on direct feedback from employees, provided as part of an extensive and anonymous survey about the workplace experience. Check out our website here.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications, and experience may vary. The Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION & EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
AcuityAds is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our people and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all our people in maintaining an environment with mutual respect by and for all our employees and applicants.
All employment decisions at AcuityAds are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, ancestry, creed (religion), place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, political belief, physical or mental disability, receipt of public assistance, or irrelevant record of the offence.
AcuityAds provides accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment and selection process and before you begin your journey with us.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at AcuityAds.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.