Freestar engineers cutting-edge monetization solutions for websites. By combining industry-leading technology, data, and massive scale, we enable busy site owners to seamlessly maximize revenue while freeing themselves of the hassles of ad operations. Publishers then have more time to do what they do best: create content.
Job Description & Responsibilities:
The Exchange is a server-side auction platform that ingests millions of requests on an hourly basis and billions of requests daily. The Exchange will be at the core of monetization for Freestar and its publishers alike. To successfully meet this call, our team seeks an engineer willing to take on demanding assignments, open to the challenges presented by a project of this magnitude, and comfortable with seeking out new technologies to find satisfactory solutions to issues. This engineer will demonstrate that they can successfully execute the role by writing reliable, clean, and well-tested code.
- Implement commercial-grade software, using company standards – or improving standards where we have gaps – for coding style and unit testing coverage as the backdrop for your work product. Your code must be well designed, clearly written, and efficient. Your code must be testable and include unit tests and be available for team review.
- Provide realistic and firm estimates for sprint planning, including accurate story point allocations; raise issues/risks early when features may miss a timeline.
- Update relevant tools (Jira, etc.) on the progress of your work during a sprint to help ensure great collaboration, transparency, and accountability.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing helpful and productive code reviews for other members of the team. Productive code reviews are reviews where the recipient finds informative feedback and can act upon your feedback, not just picking out errors or design flaws.
- Be an active participant in the fabric of our culture. We all need to contribute to the organization’s culture and be positive ambassadors and evangelists for our mission.
- Work in a highly collaborative distributed team that strives to build quality code and provide business value.
- Ability to be creative and contribute based on your own merit.
- Ability to function within a small team and startup atmosphere.
- 2+ years working with Java / Spring
- 2+ years working with microservices
- 3+ years working with MySQL / NoSQL
We’d love it if you had experience with:
- Kubernetes / Docker
- Apache Beam
- Apache Kafka
- Google Cloud Platform / Amazon Web Services
What you can expect in return:
- Full-Time, Salaried Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K with company match, vested immediately
- The opportunity to be part of something BIG
Freestar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
To apply for this job please visit freestar.com.