Freestar engineers cutting-edge monetization solutions for websites. By combining industry-leading technology, data, and massive scale, we enable busy site owners to seamlessly maximize revenue while freeing themselves of the hassles of ad operations. Publishers then have more time to do what they do best: create content.
Reporting to a Senior Yield Manager, the Associate Yield Manager will be a yield expert that analyzes patterns and make data-driven decisions. Our clients look to us for revenue solutions; it will be your duty to utilize all available tactics in an effort to generate the most possible revenue for our publishers. You should be able to work within deadlines, both as we are onboarding new publishers but also as you are managing assigned accounts. As a core member of our operations team, you need to keep a cool head in spite of “fire drills” going on all around you.
The key pillars of our Publisher Operations team are:
- Attention to Detail. A lot of your day will be following client specs and delivering on those. A rogue 300×600 where only a 300×250 should have delivered is no bueno.
- Analysis. You’re going to be looking at a lot of data, so you need to be comfortable with navigating through and combining data sets.
- Flexibility. You will be juggling a lot of requests and you will need to calmly be able to prioritize them while ensuring everyone’s voice is heard.
- Product Knowledge. Utilize the tools the company affords you to learn what is going on at Freestar, but also have the willingness to keep up with our constantly changing industry.
- Technical Comfort. A background and comfort with AdOps, Yield, and ad serving. Reading ad code, and industry knowledge should be part of your DNA.
- Project Management. Comfort with using project management software, and seeing a project through from start to finish.
- Increase customer retention by ensuring we generate the most revenue possible for publishers.
- Leveraging historic data, analyze publisher yield, look for patterns, and determine solutions.
- Regularly review yield for existing clients and identify various tactics to improve it.
- Assess publisher ad products to provide insights and product recommendations to internal teams.
- Perform A/B testing to measure strategies and product success.
- Identify new product opportunities for Account Managers to discuss with publishers.
- Partner with Account Managers on Business Reviews and Discovery Calls around yield strategy with publishers.
- Document process and develop workflows to assist future teammates.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert where you will manage projects and keep our team abreast of how the industry is moving with regard to yield.
- 1+ years of yield experience for a programmatic publisher, SSP, or related sell-side company
- Demonstrable knowledge of yield practices with proven results
- 2+ years of programmatic and header bidding experience
- Knowledge of GAM (Google Ad Manager)
- Solid relationship building and client communication skills
- Comfortable working in Excel and Google products
- Experience working with Google Analytics
- Preferably some experience working with Tableau or other BI visual reporting tools
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
What you can expect in return:
- Full-Time, Salaried Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match, vested immediately
- Generous Flexible Time Away policy
- Remote working environment and casual dress code
- The opportunity to be part of something BIG
Freestar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
To apply for this job please visit freestar.com.